Crossing Galaxies: Starworm Raiders
A downloadable space adventure for Windows, macOS, and Linux
A Starworm has been spotted!
There it is! The crystals that sprout on its skin are highly valuable in the black markets of every known system
Fly your mining spaceship and harvest as many as possible before the starworm jumps into hyperspace. But you won't be alone! Starworm defenses and that other pesky miner won't make it easy. Harvest, shoot, profit!
Crossing Galaxies: Starworm Raiders is a PvP minigame that was meant to be played during Tenerife Lan Party 2018 - a huge event in our island where indie developers can show their work at the Indie Zone. You can play alone too, but it's not so fun!
It's part of a big project: Crossing Galaxies. Something much bigger than our previous games, spawning multiple games with different genres and mechanics, all set in the same universe. In this first minigame we wanted to test whether people enjoyed and understood the simplified space flight&fight controls we came up with.
We'll start small and make it grow, hopefully taking safe steps with each iteration. And where do they lead?
First of all, regular, ideally weekly builds where you can play with the current state of the project. We would love your feedback!
July, 17th -22nd: "Worm Raiders", beta release. A local multiplayer game where two players compete for starworm ooze in a space arcade - closer to Starfox than to Elite Dangerous. They have to harvest as much as possible while avoiding worm defenses and keeping the other player at bay. We'll test the flight and fight mechanic hundreds of times in Tenerife's biggest gaming event: Tenerife Lan Party. Meet us at Zona Indie! Q4 we'll release the polished game in itch.io, although you will be able to play almost weekly builds the whole year.
^ Yay, we did that! ^
- We might create a second game reusing the flight engine before moving on with our space adventure.
- "Barks from the Deep" - Crossing Galaxies' first proper adventure. A space exploration and rescue mission that will benefit from everything learned in 2018. If life doesn't get in the way.
- Then... who knows. There are multiple plans for this project. Space walks? Planetoid surface exploration? A farming game in space? <- we love this one!
When downloading the game you may decide to do it for free or pay a quantity, whatever you want. It will all be used towards the development of the Crossing Galaxies universe. And feed us, sometimes.
Play! Comment! Contribute! Be part of this adventure
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Crossing Galaxies: Starworm RaidersAug 02, 2018
- Exhaust and zero gravity liquid shadersJun 10, 2018
- Worm RaidersJun 03, 2018
- Predictive aim for assisted and AI targetingMay 20, 2018
- Towards diegetic and meta UIMay 12, 2018
- Origins (IV/IV): Flight test with ECSMay 07, 2018
- Origins (III/IV): Walking on planetoidsMay 06, 2018
- Origins (II/IV): Procedural planetoidsMay 05, 2018